Thursday

Strange Update on Liveops Lawsuit

Liveops has Prevailed in the lawsuit! To read the article, click here!

This post is in response to the original post on a Liveops Lawsuit. To view the original click here.
Though I find the Livops lawsuit a very important topic to cover, I have said my share, and this will be my last post on the topic. (Except for the results, of course!) From now on, my posts will be about working at home, how to get started, and basically everything in general on the topic (with some interesting additions thrown in! Just wait and see.) Ok. Now on to a Liveops update. While browsing Yahoo, I decided to do a search on "liveops lawsuit" just for curiosity. I saw two things that surprised me. For one, my post wasn't even on Yahoo results, while it is #1 on Google. Shame on you Yahoo! The second thing that I noticed was even stranger though. In the area where the search advertisements usually are, I saw this ad: (image below)


When I clicked on the image, it took me to this site: http://www.overtime-flsa.com/

The site appears to be a lawyers website, since the title bar says "Unpaid Overtime Pay and Claims Lawyers." Additionally, the site says "Michael D. Lore, P.C. is a Martindale-Hubbell AV-rated law firm that focuses its practice on representing workers in claims and lawsuits involving unpaid overtime wages." The reason I found this strange, was that at the bottom of the website, it says "Not Certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization." So, then who and what are they? Also, the site has a form with which you are supposed to fill in your information, if you think that you are entitled to overtime pay and submit it to them. The site also provided a phone number in the toolbar. As I was curious, I called. The person who was on the other end answered the phone as "the law firm." What law firm? Who are these people?! When I said that I had been an agent, the person told me that they were collecting information, and that there currently was no class-action lawsuit against Liveops. Hmmm. So apparently, it looks to me like other firms are testing the waters, to see if they can make some cash off of Liveops as well. Whatever it is, I would have liked if the site, as well as the person on the phone, gave more information on who they were.
If you enjoyed this post, please subscribe to my RSS feed in the upper corner!


Subscribe in a reader

Women Diet Pills

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah. You can pretty much bet that wherever there's a buck to be made, ten people are looking to grab it!

Anonymous said...

I have contracted with Liveops for over 3 years now and love it. I have never been forced to work anytime I didn't want to work. I have now and always had the freedom to work when I want to. Wouldn't trade it for anything. I would more than gladly testify on behalf of Liveops. These same 2 agents first filed a lawsuit aganist West at Home. They knew exactly what the deal was when they contracted with Liveops. They are just looking for free money!!