Monday

Why I Dont ChaCha. (Part 2)

-This is the second part of the post on Why I don't ChaCha-

After seeing that I would be paid anywhere from six to ten dollars per hour with ChaCha, I immediately filled out their online application. After waiting two months, they finally sent me an email asking me to take their entry test. This consisted of three separate tests: an IQ test, a typing speed and accuracy test, and a test to see how quickly I was able to search for information. Thankfully, I passed all of the tests, and became a guide. That's when all of my good feelings towards ChaCha ended.
What I didn't know was that you aren't paid 6-10 dollars per hour, you're paid 6-10 per hour worked. This drastically reduces the pay that you would receive. You could spend five hours online, but only be able to get paid for one hour! Now, if you want some pocket change, then fine, apply to ChaCha. But if you want to make a solid amount, avoid Chacha, there are many better options.
Additionally, Chacha is still in Beta form. They still have some problems to fix. This has caused a lot of guides to be unhappy. One even started her own blog against Chacha:
http://blog.myspace.com/chachasucks
I have even heard of one guide who after working his way up to a master (one of the highest levels at Chacha. You start out as an apprentice.), and taking more than 4,000 searches, he was then demoted back down to Apprentice. I have also heard of guides being deactivated just before they were about to receive their pay, for no reason at all.
Many guides have complained that ChaCha does not care or listen to them. Some guides have even tried to form a boycott, and have no guides work for a day, so that Chacha would take notice. I have to admit, unlike my job at Liveops, I couldn't even find a link to contact ChaCha for guide support. (If there is a link, it must be very hard to find.) After all of this, I decided to quit my Chacha job, and just stick to my current Work at Home jobs. Some of you might like Chacha, but they definitely need to improve before I am willing to recommend them to anyone.

 Subscribe in a reader

Women Diet Pills

6 comments:

SimplyBillie said...

Interesting post. I've heard mention of ChaCha here and there, but didn't know too much about it. Thanks for the information. I'm going to pass it on.

Anonymous said...

Chacha is not a good company to work for. If you have a problem, you get a short non-professional response.The do activate guides with NO WARNING! Just like any company they are out to make money. They do not try to improve guides because they know another is sitting there waiting for the chance at the job. This is sad. There should be more communication so a guide can do the best job they can. Yes it is true, you sit there for hours and only get paid for minutes worked. You are lucky to make $30 a day. That is working at it all day. Chacha does not care about their employees any more than we care about what we flush down the toilet.

Anonymous said...

yeah i was one of those guides who was deactivated due to some unknown or rather ridiculous reason.

Anonymous said...

I was taken off because I was making 300 a month cause i had lots of time to do it

Anonymous said...

Not sure why they would deactivate you for making $300 in one month. I just cashed out last month at $850, and I'm still active

Artsy Cell Cases said...

I just started and did everything they asked me too, I made $75 in the last week and a half I worked and followed all the rules, they sent me a letter last night while I was answering questions stating my account was "temporarily deactivated" No reason as to why or when they might turn it back on, I'm extremely disappointed, I worked my hardest on answering questions appropriately and accurately, my first week I had a 97% quality! When they shut me off last night it was at 88% (mostly due to having a day where the system was timing out over everything and those questions got counted in the quality and brought it down...) I was working to make christmas money for my kids.. this is terrible.