Saturday

Popular Myths About Working at Home

In this post, I will discuss some of the popular myths and misconceptions about working online:

1. All work at home jobs are scams. False
It would be nice to say that about 1 in every 10 work at home websites are actually legitimate, but its more like 1 in every 50. The trick is to find that one that actually pays. (I'll list some that I personally use on another page.)

2. You can get rich quickly from the comfort of your home. False!!!
Whenever you see sites saying something similar to this, alarm bells should start ringing in your head, since these are 100% scams that are only out to get your money. Avoid these like the plague!! (If there is an exception, I haven't heard it, and I doubt I ever will.)

3. Working from home gives you plenty of time to relax and requires hardly any work. False
Like any job, working from your home can be difficult and challenging at times, sometimes even more than a real job. Working from home requires discipline, since you will not have a boss who who oversees you. It is extremely important to not get sidetracked and start browsing the internet. I recommend setting up a schedule on what times you will work, and stick to it. Some people love home jobs since they can wake up and work in their pajamas, without even spending gas money, while other people absolutely hate working from home jobs. This is something you will have to decide for yourself.
With most online jobs, the companies aren't forced to pay you minimum wage, so don't expect to immediately have a solid income. There are some companies I use that will actually pay you about the same as a real job, and I will get to them in a while.

No comments: